Level One Well Control Awareness
Drilling rigs and pressure control
Well services and interventions
Why This Course Is Essential
Awareness is the key to prevention!
Our online Level one, well control awareness course focuses on the life-cycle of a well, drilling and well services. Providing an overview for everyone working in the oil and gas industry, including people in entry level and onshore office roles.
In less than five hours, this course helps provide a basis for developing a culture of oilfield safety and a working knowledge of well control prevention among the workforce whilst drilling and well servicing operations.
Who the course is for
The Level one well control awareness course is aimed at students and graduates, personnel with secondary involvement in well operations, office based staff or third parties involve in non-critical rig operations.
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course takes only half a day
- Designed for anyone, in any sector of the oilfield, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to identify roles and responsibilities in a loss of control emergency
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning – well control safety basics are covered in a single, self-contained session
The business benefits
By providing this course to existing or new hires working in drilling or well services you are raising the well control safety awareness levels in your organisation:
- Recognise pressure control equipment.
- Improve your onsite drilling or well services safety culture
- Develop staff roles in case of an emergency on the location
- Achieve an internationally recognised and respected certification for staff
- Enhance your reputation within the oilfield with a trained workforce.
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand your own responsibilities for well control safety
- Identify and report on potential hazards
- Assess workplace pressure control risks
- Evacuate effectively in an emergency
- Identify equipment for well control in drilling, well servicing and production.
The average time needed to complete the course is 5 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70% and is valid for 1 year.
Who benefits From This Course
Everyone! Loss of well control is a serious risk to our lives, environment and businesses.
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!