UK Permit to Work Training
Permit To Work System
What Is an Authorised Person?
What Is a Competent Person?
Why This Course Is Essential
Training is the key to the prevention of accidents!
Everyone at work has a duty to work safely. This course has been designed to provide you with an understanding of a permit to work system (PTW), why they are needed and how they operate to keep you and others safe at work.
In less than two hours, this course helps provide a basis for developing a culture of safety using the permit to work system safety whilst performing potentially hazardous operations.
Who the course is for
This course is for participants whom need to learn the skills and responsibilities as an authorised person, competent person and person performing the task.
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course takes only two hours.
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to identify roles and responsibilities in a permit to work operation.
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning – permit to work basics are covered in a single, self-contained session
The business benefits
Employees understand the role that they have to play when working with Permits to Work and how they can help to maintain a safe workplace:
- Principles Of Prevention and Control.
- Hierarchy Of Control Measures.
- Information To Be Included on A Permit to Work.
- What To Do When You Receive a Permit to Work
- What To Do During the Works.
- Permit To Work Hand back Procedure.
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand your own responsibilities for using the permit to work system.
- Identify and control hazards using the work permit.
- Assess workplace and job specific risks
- Know what is required to demonstrate statutory compliance with the legislation.
- Have a basic knowledge of permit to work systems in addition to safe systems of work.
The average time needed to complete the course is 1.5 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70% and is valid for 1 year.
Who benefits From This Course
Everyone! uncontrolled workplace hazards are a serious risk to our lives and businesses.
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!