Controlling Exposure to Driving-Related Hazards
Understand how the risk equation works
Identify measures to control exposure to driving-related hazards
Apply the Hierarchy of Controls protocol to road safety issues in your workplace
Why This Course Is Essential
Awareness is the key to prevention!
Once you establish which driving-related hazards pose the greatest risks to employees, you have effectively set your priorities for action. The next step towards preventing workplace crashes is to determine what people in the organization will do to eliminate or minimize exposure to those hazards.
Risk = Exposure x Probability x Severity
The risk equation above shows how changing any one of the variables on the right side of the equation changes associated risk. Reducing exposure to a given hazard by 50% also reduces total risk of injury and other losses by 50%. If you eliminate the hazard, exposure equals zero, and risk equals zero.
Building on our Driving Hazard ID and Risk Assessment course, this course explains a systematic approach you can use to identify measures to control exposure to driving-related hazards. It uses handy tools and practical examples to demonstrate how you can apply the framework and its steps in your workplace.
In less than two hours, this course walks you through the key components of a journey risk analysis, it explains helpful tools and resources that you can use to build an implement a process that’s right for your workplace.
Who the course is for
This course is for participants whom need to learn the skills and responsibilities to implement, operate, manage and use a journey management system in their place of work, using an risk based safety program to improve and prevent road traffic incidents.
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course takes less than two hours.
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Explain the purposes and functions of hazard control programs
- Identifies advantages and limitations for each Hierarchy element.
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning –
- Provides driving-related examples for each Hierarchy element,
The business benefits
If your employees drive for work purposes journey management should be a part of your everyday operations this course will help you apply the right measures and ensure the safety of your employees:
- Identifies and explains key questions your JMP needs to address.
- Outlines the basic steps involved in putting journey management to work.
- Improve your safety culture
- Explains the importance of trip plans, and demonstrates examples.
- Achieve an internationally recognised and respected certification for staff
- Enhance your reputation within your industry.
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Provide guidance on how to monitor and maintain your JMP risk ratings.
- Provide an overview of journey management and explains key terms to your co-workers.
- Identifies key elements of a journey management process (JMP).
- Explains how an effective JMP helps achieve safety, legal and business objectives.
- Explains journey management in the context of the hierarchy of controls.
The average time needed to complete the course is 2 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70% and is valid for 1 year.
Who benefits From This Course
Everyone! road safety is a serious risk to our lives, homes and businesses.
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!