Wireline Pressure Control
Bottom hole sampling
Fishing for lost objects and debris.
Running temperature and pressure surveys
Why This Course Is Essential
Awareness is the key to prevention!
Wireline was first used in the oilfield the early 1920s as a means of accurately measuring well depth. It started as a flat steel measuring line. Otis was the first company to use a circular wire and to create special wireline units, often mounted on trailers.
Slickline uses small diameter continuous solid wire for manipulating various tools in live or dead wells. Wireline equipment is very portable and rig-up time can be quite fast.
High deviations can cause problems with Slickline, as gravity is required to keep the wire moving down the wellbore. In highly deviated wells, the wireline tool string lies against the side of the tubing and the weight comes off causing the tools to stop moving downwards.
Slickline can be used for a very wide range of jobs such as:
- Running and pulling flow control devices.
- Opening and closing circulation devices.
- Checking the inside of the tubing for debris, waxes, scale, corrosion, etc.
- Cleaning the inside of the tubing and the completion components.
- Running and pulling gas lift or chemical injection equipment.
- Running and pulling DHSVs.
In less than eight hours, this course helps provide a working knowledge of wireline operations, the pressure controls used to maintain well bore pressure and the types of tools and equipment in use.
Who the course is for
This course is for participant whom need to learn the skills, understanding and responsibilities to work in well servicing and drilling wireline operations.
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day – with the online course permitting you to continue your work.
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide who wishes ti understand wireline operations better.
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to identify roles and responsibilities in pressure controlled environment.
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning – wireline, slickline and e-line topics are covered in a single, self-contained course.
The business benefits
This course is designed to train personnel in Wireline Pressure Control.
Training in well intervention well pressure control is an essential part in ensuring the competence of all personnel involved in the planning and carrying out of live well servicing operations, from engineers, supervisors, operators, derrickmen, floormen, roustabouts and assistants.
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
Understand wireline well pressure control is an essential part in ensuring the competence of personnel involved in the planning and carrying out of live well servicing
The average time needed to complete the course is 8 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70% and is valid for 2 years.
Please note our course does not replace the IWCF and IADC certified courses, but is based on their well intervention syllabus.
Who benefits From This Course
Everyone! well control safety is a serious risk to our lives, homes and businesses.
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!