Under Pressure – Pressure Testing
Identify the correct assembly of test equipment
Describe the test media used and the hazards associated with them
Identify the need for pressure relief valves and identify how they should be positioned
Why This Course Is Essential
Pressure can kill!
Our online course is aimed at individuals and teams who are required to carry out pressure testing, whether during normal operations or during maintenance. The course can also be used as refresher training for those who carry out pressure testing regularly and may have become less aware of the hazards and risks involved.
It is expected that as a participant in this course, you will have received practical training in the use of pressure testing equipment and that you hold suitable qualifications.
In less than two hours, this course will remind you of why pressure testing is conducted and how it can endanger both people and the asset.
Who the course is for
This course is for participant whom need to learn the skills and responsibilities to conduct or work in a team conducting low and high pressure testing.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to plan and carry out pressure testing operations safely. It will highlight the need for risk assessment and protective barriers when working with pressurized equipment.
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course takes only two hours.
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to identify roles and responsibilities during pressure testing operations.
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning – the safe working practices and hazards are covered in a single, self-contained course.
The business benefits
Pressure tests are necessary to ensure that equipment is safe for use but the tests themselves carry inherent risks, such as loss of containment, damage to assets and even serious injury and death. By working safely with pressurized equipment, you can help to reduce the risk of an incident occurring at your workplace.
- Identify the various pressure test methods and the reasons they are used.
- Identify the need to control test temperatures.
- Identify the requirement for a risk assessment.
- Achieve an internationally recognised and respected certification for staff
- Your benefits
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the test equipment that may be required.
- Describe the need to carry out venting during hydrostatic tests.
- Explain the risks of blast waves and secondary missiles.
- Describe the hazards of shock loading components during pressure testing.
The average time needed to complete the course is 2 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70% and is valid for 2 years.
Who benefits From This Course
Everyone! Pressure safety is a serious risk to our lives, homes and businesses.
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!