Subsea Well Intervention Pressure Control
Subsea Intervention Lubricator (SIL) systems
Pressure control in subsea completion and intervention operations
The well (pressure) control responsibilities of personnel involved in the subsea intervention
Why This Course Is Essential
Awareness is the key to prevention!
The Subsea Well Intervention Pressure Control course is designed for professionals in the oil and gas industry who want to develop a comprehensive understanding of pressure control techniques used in subsea well intervention operations. The course covers the principles of subsea well intervention, including pressure control equipment and systems, risk assessment, and emergency response procedures.
The Safetyman Academy Well Intervention Subsea Pressure Control course provides comprehensive training on subsea well intervention and pressure control operations.
Participants will gain a thorough understanding of the theories, practices, and procedures involved in subsea well intervention and pressure control, including planning, equipment, and execution.
The course emphasizes on the practical application of pressure control concepts, ensuring that participants can apply their learning to real-life situations. Upon completion, participants will have the necessary knowledge and skills to safely and effectively execute subsea well intervention operations
In less than ten hours, this course helps provide a basis for developing a culture of well control awareness and safety among the catering workforce whilst performing their well intervention operations.
Who the course is for
This course is ideal for well intervention engineers, supervisors, and professionals involved in subsea well operations and for all participants whom need to learn the skills and responsibilities for well control including well barriers, blowout preventers, well control methods, and emergency response procedures. Upon completion of the course, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and effectively perform subsea well intervention and pressure control operations.
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course is fully online
- Designed for anyone, in any subsea well servicing sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to identify roles and responsibilities in a well control situation.
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning – subsea intervention and related equipment topics are covered in a single, self-contained course.
The business benefits
Well intervention engineers, supervisors, and professionals who require a higher level of well control awareness will help your organisation and business meet the legal requirements:
- Minimise well control incidents.
- Improve your safety culture
- Develop staff roles in subsea operations and critical point controls.
- Achieve an internationally recognised and respected CPD certification for staff
- Enhance your reputation within the intervention industry.
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the unique challenges of managing pressure control during subsea completion and intervention operations
- Describe how open water CWOR systems are used and how they are positioned in completion, installation and intervention modes, including the system components
- Describe the lines of communication and the roles of responsible personnel (including OIM/Captain and Subsea Engineer) involved in subsea well intervention pressure control.
- Describe how completion landing strings/SSTTs are used, and how they are positioned in completion, installation and intervention modes, including the following system components
The average time needed to complete the course is 10 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70% and is valid for 2 years.
Who benefits From This Course
Everyone! Well intervention safety is a serious risk to our lives, environment and businesses.
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!