Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM)
This NORM Awareness Course will guide you through all aspects of NORM, from the risks and hazards associated with NORM, to information about how to work safely around NORM contamination.
Our comprehensive course will explain in detail what you need to know, emphasize key points and test your knowledge retention at the end of the course
This course is a requirement in many industries and developed based onlegislation,global safety standards and industry best practices.
After completion of this course and passing the exam, you will receive a certificate of completion.
The average time needed to complete the course is 1.5 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70% and is valid for 2 years.
After completion of this course, you should be able to understand:
- What NORM is (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material)
- Types of radiation including material profiles
- Health risks and hazards associated with radioactivity
- Safe working practices when working around NORM
- Key Points on NORM:
- NORM stands for Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material
- One of the main hazards associated with NORM is the risk of developing cancer
- NORM can be found on many Oil and Gas exploration sites
- All employers are required to show diligence when training employees
Who benefits from this course!
Everyone who work may involve entering a confined space!
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!