Managing Groups and Teams, Why it Matters
- Describe differences between a group and a team
- Discuss creating effective teams
- Describe how to turn individuals into team players
- Discuss the types of teams
Why learn about managing groups and teams?
It’s hard to describe the difference between a group and a team without using a sports analogy, because the benefits of teamwork, and the obvious differences between group and team, reveal themselves so readily on the football field, the baseball diamond, or wherever it is that people meet to push the limits of athletic performance.
A winning team is more than a group of people achieving a goal and delivering a result. There’s positive energy and synergy around a team (meaning that they produce more together than they could individually).
Organizations benefit from the ability to build and manage great teams.
In order to do that, we need to understand what sets one group apart from the rest and makes that group a team
In less than three hours, this course helps provides you with the knowledge about group dynamics within organizations.
Who the course is for
This course is for participant are already supervisors, managers, board members and for those aspiring to reach the same goals. Amazing leaders have changed the world by sharing their visions, innovating and taking risks, encouraging and navigating change with their teams. But leaders don’t necessarily have to change the world. Leaders are just as effective when they’re changing an organization, changing a community, or just changing your day for the better.
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course takes only half a day
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to understand the relationship between general group and team management with various structures and techniques and how to make them work.
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning – group and team management topics are covered in a single, self-contained course.
The business benefits
The world is moving faster, and only the most flexible and dynamic organizations survive. Those organizations that can provide their employees with motivation and engage them around a vision, innovate in a changing world and manage through that change are more likely to survive. In order to stay ahead of the competition, they need good leaders and managers to make those things happen.
When it comes to completing work, managing projects and achieving goals, managers have many choices on how they manage the people they lead. They can deal with each of their subordinates individually, assigning individual goals and allowing them to work alone.
Conversely, managers can look at their subordinates as one large group, or a subset of smaller groups, and set them on a course of solving organizational problems and achieving objectives.
Leaders really make a difference, Good leaders have the power to influence others and change the future.
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain and explore the structures between individuals versus groups and group dynamics in organizational life.
- What are the pros and cons of choosing to assemble a group or a team?
- And how it compares to assigning an issue to a single subordinate?
The average time needed to complete the course is 3 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70%.
Who benefits From This Course
Everyone! Leadership is essential to our lives, homes and businesses.
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!