Food Safety and Hygiene in the Catering Industry
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point
Controlling and destroying harmful bacteria
Why This Course Is Essential
Awareness is the key to prevention!
Our Food Safety and Hygiene course will teach you the global standard food safety guidelines for the catering industry. Soiled and contaminated foods are not just unpleasant to eat, They can trigger serious health issues and potentially life threatening illnesses. Having an advanced knowledge of food safety and hygiene techniques is essential for any food industry professional. This course will teach you how to prevent spoilage and control the potential diseases spread during the food handling process.
In less than four hours, this course helps provide a basis for developing a culture of food safety and hygiene control among the catering workforce whilst performing their food preparation and food handling duties.
Who the course is for
This course is for participant whom need to learn the skills and responsibilities to work in food preparation, food handling and food serving environments.
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course takes only half a day
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to identify roles and responsibilities in a catering or food handling environment.
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning – food safety and food hygiene topics are covered in a single, self-contained course.
The business benefits
Food handlers, kitchen staff, Chefs, Management who require a higher level safety awareness will help your organisation and business meet the legal requirements:
- Minimise food contamination.
- Improve your safety culture
- Develop staff roles in food hygiene and critical point controls.
- Achieve an internationally recognised and respected certification for staff
- Enhance your reputation within the food industry.
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand your own responsibilities for food safety
- Identify and report on food spoilage
- Assess workplace hygiene levels
- Comply with the HACCP standards
The average time needed to complete the course is 4 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70% and is valid for 2 years.
Who benefits From This Course
Everyone! food safety is a serious risk to our lives, homes and businesses.
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!