Electrical Safety Hazards and Controls
Learn about potential electrical hazards in the workplace
Describe the three common types of electrical
Hazards associated with electrical overload conditions
Why This Course Is Essential
Awareness is the key to prevention!
Our online Electrical Safety Hazards and Controls course will teach you the global electrical safety guidelines, that are in place for your safety and wellbeing. Safety is a very important part of any job. Let’s do it right from the start.
In the United States of America, more that 3 people are killed every week at work coming after exposure to electricity, training is essential for recognizing the electrical hazards and the control methods used to make this a safe energy.
Your employer, co-workers, family and community all depend on your hazard identification expertise, electrical hazards are around all of us, both at work and in the home.
The course covers many of the electrical hazards. There are four main types of electrical injuries: electrocution (death due to electrical shock), electrical shock, burns, and falls. The dangers of electricity, electrical shock, and the resulting injuries will be discussed.
In less than four hours, this course helps provide you with a basis for developing a culture of electrical safety and hazard control that empowers you, with the knowledge to work safely with and around electrically powered equipment, not just at work, but also in your home.
Who the course is for
This course is for all participants whom wish to learn the skills and responsibilities to work safely around electricity in both the work and home environments.
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course takes less than half a day.
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to identify electrical hazards and safety in your home and work environment.
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning – electrical safety and control methods topics are covered in a single, self-contained course.
The business benefits
All employees including office staff, catering, warehouse, maintenance, hygiene employees and management who require a higher level safety awareness will help your organisation and business meet the legal requirements:
- Reduce contact risks with electricity.
- Improve your safety culture.
- Develop staff roles in hazard awareness and safety control.
- Achieve an internationally recognised and respected certification for staff
- Enhance your reputation within your industry.
- Reduction of incidents and insurance costs.
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand your own responsibilities for electrical safety
- Identify and report potential electrical hazards
- Assess workplace electrical safety levels
- Comply with the electrical safety standards for your country
The average time needed to complete the course is 4 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70% and is valid for 2 years.
Who benefits From This Course
Everyone! electrical safety is a serious risk to our lives, homes and businesses.
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!