Driving Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
Define hazard identification and risk assessment processes in a road safety context
Recognize “where” hazard identification and risk assessment fit in the safety planning cycle
Describe hazard identification and risk assessment frameworks and processes
Apply those methods to identify hazards, evaluate risks and establish priorities for action in your workplace
Why This Course Is Essential
Awareness is the key to prevention!
In order to build and implement measures that prevent motor vehicle incidents (RTIs), the first step is to understand how and why employees can get hurt while driving for work.
Looking for and recognizing the things that have potential to harm someone (hazard identification) and determining how much harm might occur when employees are exposed to those hazards (risk assessment) are essential elements of an effective road safety program.
In less than three hours, this course walks you through the key components of a driving hazard identification and risk assessment process, it explains helpful tools and resources that you can use to build an implement a process that’s right for your workplace.
Who the course is for
This course is for all participants whom need to learn the skills and practical understanding of how to identify driving-related hazards and apply tools to assess the potential losses caused by those hazards.
By explaining and demonstrating two methods, the course will build your practical hazard identification and risk assessment skills, and will enable you to apply them in your workplace. Finally, the course explains what to do with assessment results – how to prioritize risks for action
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course takes only three hours.
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Explains a framework and criteria for categorizing hazards, making the process of identifying driving-related hazards more thorough and systematic
- Provides a practical approach that will help you identify driving-related hazards
- Presents a broad inventory of road safety hazards
- High-impact programme
The business benefits
If your employees drive for work purposes journey management should be a part of your everyday operations this course will help you apply the right measures and ensure the safety of your employees:
- Identifies and explains key questions your road safety planning needs to address.
- Outlines the basic steps involved in putting the driving hazard identification and risk assessment processes to work.
- Improve your safety culture
- Explains the importance of trip plans, and demonstrates examples.
- Achieve an internationally recognised and respected certification for staff
- Enhance your reputation within your industry.
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Provide guidance on how to monitor and maintain your journey risk ratings.
- Provide an overview of transport management safety processes and procedures and explains key terms to your co-workers.
- Identifies key elements of a transport risk based management process.
- Explains how an effective transport safety program helps achieve safety, legal and business objectives.
The average time needed to complete the course is 3 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70% and is valid for 1 year.
Who benefits From This Course
Everyone! road safety is a serious risk to our lives, homes and businesses.
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!