Asbestos Safety in Construction: A Comprehensive Overview
Main Categories of Asbestos
Why This Asbestos Safety in Construction Course Is Essential
Knowledge is the key to a safer future!
This comprehensive Asbestos Safety and Awareness Training course is designed to equip participants with a thorough understanding of the risks associated with asbestos exposure, the necessary precautions to take when working with or around asbestos, and the legal obligations of companies and individuals regarding asbestos management.
Through a combination of theoretical knowledge, hands-on practice, and real-life case studies, participants will gain a holistic understanding of asbestos, its uses, its dangers, and the best practices for ensuring safety.
According to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), asbestos exposure causes about 15,000 deaths in the United States each year. It’s important to note that asbestos-related diseases can take decades to develop after exposure, which is why it’s often referred to as the “silent killer.”
It’s estimated that around 1.3 million workers in the U.S. are potentially exposed to asbestos annually, especially in the construction and general industry sectors. Globally It is estimated that millions of people worldwide have been exposed to asbestos.
While it’s challenging to provide an exact number, the World Health Organization (WHO) has stated that approximately 125 million people are exposed to asbestos in the workplace alone each year. This number does not account for those exposed in other settings, such as homes or the environment.
In less than six hours, this course helps provide the skills and competencies necessary to identify and mitigate construction-related hazards, effectively manage risks, and promote a culture of safety in the construction industry. By the end of the course, participants will have the knowledge and tools to create a safer working environment, protect themselves and their colleagues, and contribute to the overall success of construction projects.
This Asbestos Safety and Awareness Training course is not just a regulatory requirement; it’s a crucial investment in the health and safety of employees and the broader community. Both companies and individuals stand to gain significantly from the knowledge and practices imparted, making it an essential course for anyone working in or around environments where asbestos might be present.
Who the course is for
This course is designed for workers, supervisors, and safety professionals in the construction industry who are responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of employees. It is also suitable for individuals seeking to enhance their knowledge of construction site safety.
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course takes only half a day
- Designed for anyone, in any construction sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to identify roles and responsibilities in the construction or demolition environment.
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning – multiple construction site topics are covered in a single, self-contained course.
The business benefits
Participants will have the knowledge and tools to create a safer working environment, protect themselves and their colleagues, and contribute to the overall success of construction projects:
- Legal Compliance: Many jurisdictions have strict regulations regarding asbestos management. Companies that ensure their employees are well-trained can avoid hefty fines and legal complications.
- Workplace Safety: A safe working environment reduces the risk of asbestos-related incidents, which can lead to work stoppages, compensation claims, and potential lawsuits.
- Reputation Management: Companies known for prioritizing employee safety and adhering to regulations are more likely to be trusted by clients, partners, and the general public.
- Cost Savings: Proper asbestos management can prevent costly removal procedures and health-related claims in the long run.
- Reduced Liability: Trained employees are less likely to engage in practices that expose them to asbestos, reducing the company’s liability.
- Increased Productivity: A safe workplace ensures that work processes are not interrupted by asbestos-related incidents.
- Employee Morale: Companies that invest in employee safety often have higher morale, leading to increased loyalty and reduced turnover.
- Financial Savings: Avoiding legal complications, health claims, and costly removal procedures saves companies significant amounts in the long run
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Health Protection: Asbestos exposure can lead to severe health issues. Understanding how to work safely around asbestos can protect individuals from these risks.
- Skill Enhancement: This training adds a valuable skill to an individual’s repertoire, making them more marketable in industries where asbestos might be present.
- Awareness for Personal Life: Knowledge gained can be applied outside the workplace, such as when renovating older homes or when encountering materials that might contain asbestos.
- Health and Safety: Knowledge of safe practices reduces the risk of asbestos-related diseases.
- Career Advancement: Being trained in asbestos safety can be a unique selling point in job applications, especially in relevant industries.
- Peace of Mind: Understanding the risks and knowing how to mitigate them provides peace of mind both at work and at home.
- Community Awareness: Trained individuals can spread awareness in their communities, ensuring that more people understand the risks associated with asbestos.
The average time needed to complete the course is 6 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70% and we recommend the course is taking every 2 years.
Who benefits From This Asbestos Safety in Construction Course
Everyone! construction safety is a serious risk to our lives, homes and businesses.
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!