Accident Investigation – Route Cause Analysis
The root causes of an incident
Recommendations and controls
Identifying the incident steps and timeline
Why This Course Is Essential
Awareness is the key to prevention!
Knowledge is the key to incident prevention!
What You Will Learn
What is an accident or incident?
Why should you investigate both?
How do you find the true cause?
How should you investigate?
What should be the results of the investigation?
What Is an Accident?
An unexpected event, typically sudden in nature, an unplanned, unwanted, but controllable event which disrupts the work process and causes injury to people.
Most people would agree that an accident is unplanned and unwanted.
The idea that an accident is controllable might be a new concept.
An accident stops the normal course of events and causes property damage or personal injury, minor or serious, and occasionally results in a fatality.
Accidents can occur anywhere, including in the home, during transportation, in the hospital, on the sports field, or in the workplace.
With appropriate safety precautions and awareness of one’s actions and environment, many accidents can be avoided or prevented.
WHO THE COURSE IS FOR?
This course is invaluable for supervisors, managers, safety advisors, safety professionals and safety committee members working in a wide array of industries, including but not limited to, offices, warehouses, retail, hospitality, manufacturing, construction, automotive, heavy machinery, oil and gas, and utilities.
WHY IT WORKS
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course takes only half a day
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to unsafe machine guard and potential injury points in your work environment.
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning – Machine guard safety and hazard identification topics are covered in a single, self-contained course.
THE BUSINESS BENEFITS
Companies also stand to benefit greatly from this training. A safer workplace leads to fewer injuries and disruptions, resulting in increased productivity, employee morale, and compliance with national regulations, potentially reducing the risk of legal consequences and penalties.
- Minimise incidents.
- Improve your safety culture
- Develop staff roles in safety and critical point controls.
- Achieve an internationally recognised and respected certification for staff
- Enhance your reputation within your industry.
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand your own responsibilities for your safety and the safety of others.
- Identify and report the incident and accident root causes
- Assess workplace hygiene levels
- Comply with the OSHA and and national standards
By completing this course, you are not just enhancing your knowledge and skills but are also playing an integral role in making the industrial workplace safer and more efficient. Make a difference in your life and the lives of your colleagues by mastering the crucial skills in accident investigation.
The average time needed to complete the course is 3 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70% and we recommend a refresher every 2 years.
Who benefits From This Course
Everyone! Accidents and incidents are a serious risk to our lives, homes and businesses.
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!