Back Care and Manual Handling
Principles of safe lifting
Prevention of back injuries
Why This Course Is Essential
Awareness is the key to prevention!
Our online back care and manual handling course will teach you the principles of safe lifting, how the back works, and precautions to take at home and at work that will prevent back injuries.
Back injuries like sprains, strains, herniated discs, and fractured vertebrae can arise from accidents when lifting heavy loads and can be both painful and dangerous.
Start your course today to prevent back injuries while lifting heavy loads.
In less than four hours, this course helps provide an overview of how your back works, the manual handling of loads, as well as the protection of pregnant, post-natal, and breastfeeding employees.
You will also learn the importance of a good back posture and suitable clothing for manual handling and learn about office ergonomics and the effects of incorrect body posture.
Who the course is for
This course is an ideal partner course to the manual handling course and will teach you good back posture and important ergonomics that will prevent back pains. These are the skills that can make a big difference to your everyday life and comfort, so don’t wait, start your course today.
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day – the course takes only half a day
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge required to help maintain your back injury free whilst at work and at home.
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning – back safety and ergonomics topics are covered in a single, self-contained course.
The business benefits
Everyone from manual workers to office workers, safety officers, managements, safety representatives and people like you, who require a higher level safety awareness that will help your organisation and business meet the legal requirements:
- Minimise and eliminate back injuries.
- Improve your safety culture
- Develop staff roles in personal manual handling assessments
- Achieve an internationally recognised and respected certification for staff
- Enhance your reputation and new skills.
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand your own limits when it comes to manual handling.
- Identify and report on manual handling issues
- Assess workplace manual handling levels
The average time needed to complete the course is 4 hours and the minimum pass mark for the exam is 70% and is valid for 2 years.
Who benefits From This Course
Everyone! Back care and back injuries are a serious risk to our lives, homes and businesses.
The world is changing quickly and businesses need employees with training, knowledge and skills in order to be competitive.
People who continually develop their professional skills or pursue higher education and training, are placing themselves at the forefront for career advancement opportunities in their future.
By giving yourself or your employees, the knowledge to perform your role safely at work, you will stay safe at work and go home safe, which makes the rest and play time in life, far more rewarding, whatever it is you love to do.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, EMPOWER YOURSELF TODAY!